SOLO PARENT ID REQUIREMENTS- How to apply for a Solo Parent ID? What are the requirements and where to submit them? Below are the complete details.
Who is considered a solo parent?
According to Republic Act (RA) 8972 a Solo Parent is any individual who falls under any of the following categories:
- A woman who gives birth as a result of rape and other crimes against chastity even without a final conviction of the offender, provided that mother keeps and raises the child.
- Parent left solo or alone with the responsibility of parenthood due to the following circumstances:
- Due to death of spouse.
- Spouse is detained or is serving sentence for a criminal conviction for at least one (1) year.
- Physical and/or mental incapacity of spouse as certified by a public medical practitioner.
- Legal separation or de facto separation from spouse for at least one (1) year, as long as he/she is entrusted with the custody of the children.
- Declaration of nullity or annulment of marriage as decreed by a court or by a church as long as he/she is entrusted with the custody of the children.
- Unmarried mother/father who has preferred to keep and rear her/his child/children instead of having others care for them or give them up to a welfare institution.
- Any other person who solely provides parental care and support to a child or children.
- Any family member who assumes the responsibility of head of family as a result of the death, abandonment, disappearance or prolonged absence of the parents or solo parent.
SOLO PARENT ID REQUIREMENTS:
- Fill-out Application form- Application Form is available at the City Social Welfare and Development Office, LGU Compound, San Andres Santiago City.
- Barangay Residency Certification Certifying further that he/she is a known solo parent
- Copy of Birth Certificate of minor children (17 years old below)
- Documentation or proof as Solo Parent
- Death Certificate- for widow or widower
- Court Order for Legally Separated/Annulment Papers
- For Other Category- Affidavit of two (2) disinterested person and certification from Barangay that a Solo Parent was abandoned/Neglected/Separated/etc.
- Foster parent Certification/Adoption Papers
- Certificate of Employment with Compensation
Note: Additional requirements maybe needed depending on the circumstances.
Upon completing all the above requirements, submit it to the City Social Welfare and Development Office of Santiago City.