PHILIPPINES : Now that the 2022 National Election is nearing, some Presidential Candidates already declared in public their plan in running in the top most Political position in the country.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE FAMOUS PERSONALITIES WHO HAVE ALREADY DECLARED THEIR CANDIDACY:
1. EMMANUEL DAPIDRAN PACQUIAO, ALSO KNOWN AS MANNY “PACMAN” PACQUIAO
Born on December 17,1978 at Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines.
In an announcement he made to the public on September 19,2021, Manny Pacquiao declared that he will run for PRESIDENT of the Republic of the Philippines for the 2022 National Election.
Here is what he says,
“Today, I boldly accept the challenge of running as PRESIDENT of the Republic of the Philippines, with a message to those who are taking advantage of the Filipino people: YOUR TIME IS UP!”
I AM A FIGHTER.
The time is now. We are ready to rise to the challenge of leadership. I do believe that even the impossible can happen if it is ordained by the Lord. Nothing is impossible if it the will of the Lord” he added.
Pacquiao was born and raised in a poor family. His father Rosalio Pacquiao and mother Dionisia Pacquiao separated when he was in sixth grade. His life from rugs, struggles to riches is an open book for most Filipinos and he became the epitome of determination and perseverance.
Manny Pacquiao became a boxer at the age of 14 and comes 2021 he was known and is regarded as the greatest professional boxer of all time.
Currently, he is one of the 24 Senators of the Republic of the Philippines.
MANNY “PACMAN” PACQUIAO POLITICAL TRACK RECORD:
- He run and was elected as Sarangani Representative in the year 2010-2016.
- He was also elected as Senator of the Philippines in the year 2016 until present.
SOME OF HIS NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Holder of six (6) Guinness Book World Records.
- Donated large sum of money to typhoon victim and homeless
- Donated house and lot to approximately 100 Filipinos
- Filed 31 Senate Bills (as of 2018)
- BILLS PASSED INTO LAW HE HAVE AUTHORED:
AS PRINCIPAL AUTHOR-
1. NATIONAL BIBLE DAY (Republic Act No. 11163)
-AS ONE OF THE PRINCIPAL AUTHORS-
1. EXPANDED MATERNITY LEAVE (21 Feb 2019)
3. PHILIPPINE SPORTS TRAINING CENTER (20 Feb 2019)
4. DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (R.A. 11201, 14 Feb 2019)
5. QUANTITATIVE IMPORT RESTRICTIONS ON RICE (R.A. 11203, 14 Feb 2019)
6. INCREASE IN MONTHLY OLD-AGE PENSION OF SENIOR VETERANS (R.A. 11164, 20 Dec 2018)
7. PHILIPPINE IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM ACT (R.A. 11055, 6 Aug 2018)
8. FREE INTERNET ACCESS PROGRAM IN PUBLIC PLACES (R.A. 10929, 2 Aug 2017)
1. UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE ACT (20 Feb 2019)
2. CORPORATION CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES (20 Feb 2019)
3. NATIONAL INTEGRATED CANCER CONTROL ACT (R.A. 11215, 14 Feb 2019)
4. PHILIPPINE HIV AND AIDS POLICY ACT (R.A. 11166, 20 Dec 2018)
2. FRANCISCO MORENO DOMAGOSO, MOST COMMONLY KNOWN AS ISKO MORENO (Presidential Candidates 2022 Election)
Born on October 24, 1974 at Tondo, Manila Philippines.
On September 22,2021; Isko Moreno announce his candidacy for the Presidential Election. Running as his Vice President is the famous Doctor, Doc Willie Ong.
He is currently the City Mayor of Manila. Similar to the humble beginning of Manny Pacquiao, he was also born into a poor family.
ISKO MORENO’S POLITICAL TRACK RECORD:
- Elected as Councilor for Manila (1998-2004)
- He became Manila City Vice Mayor (2007)
SOME OF HIS NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Volvo Ironmark Award for his Outstanding and Significant Achievement in Public Service.
- Redevelopment of the Historic Jones Bridge and Manila Zoo
- Public Housing for Informal settlers
- Construction of the 10-storey with 384 bed capacity at the Ospital ng Maynila Medical Center.
- Provided educational grants/assistance to disadvantaged students of Manila.
- Clearing-up of Quiapo and Divisoria.
3. PANFILO” PING” MORENA LACSON SR., also known as “Ping Lacson” (Presidential Candidates 2022 Election)
Born on June 1, 1948 at Imus, Cavite Philippines.
Lacson on September 8,2021; is the first to air to the public his plan of running for the top most political position in the country.
Currently, he is one of the senators in the country.
PANFILO “PING” LACSON POLITICAL TRACK RECORD:
- Re-elected as Senator since 2016 until present
- Appointed by President Benigno Aquino as Presidential Assistant for Rehabilitation and Recovery (PARR)
- Run for President against the incumbent President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (2004 Election)
- He served as a Senator from 2001 to 2013 (Two Terms)
- Director General of the Philippine National Police (1999-2001)
- Metrocom Intelligence and Security Group (1971-1986)
SOME OF HIS NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Anti-Pork Barrel Advocate
- Main author of the Reproductive Health Act
- Sin Tax Reform Act
- Anti-Money Laundering Act
- Anti-Money Laundering Act (RA 9160 as amended by Republic Act 9194)
- Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 (RA 9165)
- Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007 (RA 9485)
- National Service Training Program Act of 2001 (RA 9163)
- An Act Increasing the Base Pay of the Members of the AFP (RA 9166)
- Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003 (RA 9208)
- Anti-Cheating Act of 2007 (RA 9416)
- The Philippine Dental Act of 2007 (RA 9484)
- An Act Providing for a Comprehensive Law on Firearms, Light Weapons and Ammunition (RA 10591)
- The law converting Imus, Cavite from a municipality into a city (RA 10161)
- Reapportioned Cotabato into three legislative districts (RA 10177)
- Senate Bill 40, Budget Reform for Village Empowerment Act of 2016
- The Senate Bill 41, which seeks to establish a National ID system
- Senate Bill 42, penalizing a wide range of heinous crimes ranging from drug-related offenses to treason, terrorism and human trafficking and Senate Bill 48, Expanded Anti-Wiretapping Act of 2016
4. FERDINAND “BONGBONG” ROMUALDEZ MARCOS JR.
Born on September 13,1957. Bongbong is the second child of the Former President and Dictator Ferdinand Marcos and First Lady Imee Marcos. He finished his bachelor’s degree in Social Science at the Oxford University in 1978.
On October 06,2021; he filed his Certificate of Candidacy for President.
He said that he aims for a unifying leadership especially this time of pandemic.
“We unify now in the face of the COVID crisis, in the face of the economic crisis. That is what we need right now,” he said.
FERDINAND “BONGBONG” MARCOS POLITICAL TRACK RECORD:
- Senator (2010- 2016)
- Vice-Governor of Ilocos, Norte (1981-1983)
- Governor of Ilocos, Norte (1983-1986)
- Governor of Ilocos, Norte (1998-2007)
- 2nd District Representative of Ilocos Norte (1992-1995)
- Orchestrated and built wind farms in various areas of Ilocos Province
Bills enacted into law (authored, co-authored and sponsored by Bongbong Marcos)
- RA 10645 Expanded Senior Citizens Act
- RA 10175 Cybercrime Law
- RA10742 Sangguniang Kabataan Reform Act
- RA 10606 National Health Insurance Act (Amendment)
- RA 10586 Anti-Drunk and Drugged Driving Act
- Senate Bill No. 2967: National Internship Act of 2011
- Senate Bill No. 2964: An Act Increasing Pensions Under the SSS
- Senate Bill No. 2929: An Act Amending Section 61 of Local Government Code of 1991
- Senate Bill No. 2924: Bicycle Commuters Incentive Act 2011
- Senate Bill No. 2923: Road Rage Law
- Senate Bill No. 3106: Public School Teachers Salary Upgrading Act
- Senate Bill No. 3091: National Land Use Act of the Philippines.
- Senate Bill No. 3002: Special Education Act
- Senate Bill No. 2884: Philippine Soybean Authority Act of 2011
- Senate Bill No. 2885: Climate Change Education Act of 2011
- Senate Bill No. 422: Special Protection of Children in Armed Conflict Situations Act of 2013
- Senate Bill No. 12: Retirement Benefit for Barangay Officials and Workers Act of 2013(Author)
- Senate Resolution No. 783: Magna Carta for Persons with Disability
- Senate Resolution No. 349: Massive Devastation and Insurmountable Loss Wrought by Super Typhoon ‘Yolanda’
- Senate Resolution No. 207: Honoring and Commending the Outstanding Teachers of 2013
- Senate Resolution No. 1056: National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Laws (NDRRMC)
- Senate Bill No. 2625: Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Person Act 2010
5. MARIA LEONOR GERONA ROBREDO “LENI ROBREDO” (Presidential Candidates 2022 Election)
She was born on April 23, 1965. She is a lawyer and currently the 14th Vice President of the Republic of the Philippines. Leni is the wife of the late DILG Secretary Jessie Robredo.
On October 10,2021; Leni Robredo announced her bid to run for President
“I will put all my effort all my efforts and strength to fight for the Philippines and our dreams.”
LENI ROBREDO POLITICAL TRACK RECORD:
- Vice President, Republic of the Philippines (2016- Present)
- Congresswoman, 3rd District of Camarines Sur (2013-2016)
SOME OF HER NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS:
- BAYANIHAN SA E-SKWELA, Community Learning Hubs Instructional Videos for teachers and parents
- House Bill 19, Full Disclosure Policy Bill
- House Bill No. 6286, The People Empowerment Bill
- Anti- Discrimination Bill
- Anti- Dynasty Bill, The Healthy Beverage Options Act
- One High School System Act (RA 10665)
- Charter of the Quezon City Development Authority (RA 10646)
- National Children’s Month Act (RA 10661)
- The Tax Incentives Management and Transparency Act (RA 10708)
- Rationalizing and strengthening the probation system (RA 10707)
- Graphic Health Warning Law (RA 10643)
- Sangguniang Kabataan Reform Act (RA 10742)
- Extending the corporate life of the Philippine National Railways for another fifty (50) years (RA 10638)
6. ERNESTO ABELLA (Former Presidential Spokesman)
7. lLEODY DE GUZMAN (Labor Leader)
8. NORBERTO GONZALES (Former Defense Chief)
9. FAISAL MANGONDATO
10. JOSE MONTEMAYOR JR.
Date Updated: March 05,2022
Who among these 10 contenders will be the next President of the Republic of the Philippines?