FIND OUT HERE THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND LEGACY OF PRESIDENT RODRIGO ROA DUTERTE TO THE PHILIPPINES.
A month from now President Rodrigo Duterte, the 16th President of the Republic of the Philippines will step-down from his Office.
But let us take a look on how he was able to improve the life of Filipinos through the different programs, projects and innovations in his six years term.
BELOW ARE AMONG PRESIDENT DUTERTE MOST NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PHILIPPINES
BUILD BUILD BUILD PROGRAM– is a flagship infrastructure project of Duterte’s Administration. It aims for inclusive growth, economic development, generate jobs and improve the life of Filipinos. It is also the centerpiece of Duterte’s Administration.
Below are some of the projects/ accomplishments of President Duterte under the Build, Build, Build Program
- Under the Aviation Sector (214 airport projects were completed)
- Also, 451 seaport projects were completed
- Railway Sector- LRT-2 East Extension From 77kms in 2016 t0 1,200 kms by 2022 and beyond
- PNR Clark Project, Metro Manila Subway
- MRT-3 Rehabilitation MRT-7 Project, LRT01 Cavite Extension
Improved mobility of Metro Manila’s main thoroughfare
- Reduced travel time between Monumento and Pasay for 2-3 hours to 40-50 minutes through the EDSA Busway.
- Completed 497 kms of bike lane networks in Metro Manila, Metro Cebu,and Metro Davao.
- 29,264 kms of road completed (Poro Point Freeport Zone Road, La Union, Buang San Fernando, San Juan Bypass Road, La Union)
- Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 (Calapan-Roxas Road, Oriental Mindorro, Sorsogon City Coastal Road)
- Additionally, 11,340 flood mitigation structures completed
- 150,149 classrooms completed
- Also, 223 evacuation centers completed
- 1,253 kms of New High Standard Highways and Expressways in Luzon, Cebu and Davao (New Clark City)
- Built the first government national sports complex dubbed as New Clark City Sports Complex.
- 5,950 bridges completed
- Binondo- Intramuros Bridge
SECURITY, JUSTICE AND PEACE
- 24 new military assets (Acquired new combat helicopters/aircrafts, missile warships and other land assets.)
One of President Duterte’s legacies is his strong support to the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP). In fact, in one of his public addresses, the President stated that uniformed personnel of the government are the “Backbone of his Administration.” He also makes sure to modernize military assets.
- Also, during the President’s term, 18,433 rebel surrenders nationwide
- The Bangsamoro Organic Law creating the BARMM was also signed in the year 2018.
- Anti-Illegal Drugs Campaign wherein a total value of 59.53 billion drugs, CPECs and laboratory equipment and arrested 12,356 high-value targets were seized. Duterte’s Administration was also famous for his “war on drugs”.
- Crime volume is 64% lower
- He also signed the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Rehabilitated Marawi which was badly damaged during the Marawi siege.
- Establishment of the Presidential Task Force on Media Security to safeguard press freedom by protecting the life, liberty, security of media workers
- 20,724,895 Filipinos registered in Philsys registration
- 5-year validity of driver’s license
- Freedom of Information Program
- 2,091,229 number of calls received by 8888 Citizen’s Complaint Center
- Seized Billion’s worth of smuggled goods.
- Dismissed corrupt government personnel
- Revised the water concession agreements which became advantageous to consumers, providing water service to Metro Manila.
- Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Government Service Delivery Act of 2018 (Republic Act 11032). A law which increases efficiency by reducing processing time, eliminating red tape, and curbing corrupt bureaucratic practices.
- Climate Change Adaptation Mitigation and Disaster Reduction
- Boracay Island Rehabilitation and likewise, Manila Bay Rehabilitation
- Returned billions of Coco Levy Funds to coconut farmers
- Rice Tariffication Law
- Further, 937, 040 farmers benefitted from the Free Irrigation Act
- Generated revenue and lowering of personal income tax through the TRAIN law.
- Lowered corporate income tax for Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises and other businesses
- Provided billions of loans for micro and small businesses
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND POVERTY REDUCTION
- Millions of beneficiaries benefitted from the Free Higher Education Program
- Strengthened the Alternative Learning System which provide adequate and timely attention and support to the basic learning needs of out-of-school youth and indigenous peoples.
- Universal Healthcare Law
- Also, millions of Filipinos received assistance through MALASAKIT centers
- Tertiary Education Subsidy- Enacted the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act which provides free college education in all state universities and colleges nationwide
- BAYANIHAN TO HEAL AS ONE ACT/BAYANIHAN TO RECOVER AS ONE ACT
- Establishment of temporary treatment and monitoring facilities
- Pandemic Affected OFW’s were repatriated
- One Stop Service Center for Overseas Filipino Workers
- Cash Assistance for Filipino Farmer’s Act
- COVID-19 Biosurveillance Program
- Million’s worth of COVID-19 sickness services
- 105 days Expanded Maternity Leave Law
- Salary Standardization Law
Source: Presidential Communications (Government of the Philippines)
These are only some of the notable contributions, accomplishments of President Duterte during his term as the 16th President of the Republic of the Philippines. Indeed, through this different program and projects, he was able to magnify an impact in the life of Filipinos.
Furthermore, President Rodrigo Duterte was hailed as the “world’s most popular leader” in 2020.