The future of a country depends on the kind and type of leader people elects.
Therefore, there is a need for Filipino voters to not only vote based on charisma but have deeper knowledge on the values, platforms and achievements of each Presidential Aspirant. These will help voters to have an informed and wise decision in choosing their leader for the next six years.
Thus, now that the May 2022 election is nearing, let us get to know more some of the Philippine Presidential Candidates and their accomplishments.
Here are the accomplishments/achievements of Presidential Candidate and the incumbent Vice President, Leni Robredo.
MARIA LEONOR “LENI” GERONA ROBREDO
Economics Degree (University of the Philippines).
Law Degree (University of Nueva Caceres)- (1986-1992), passed the bar in 1997
POLITICAL TRACK RECORD:
6 years as Vice President (2016-2022)
3 years as Congressman (2013-2016)
Leni Robredo authored and Co-Authored 19 bills and laws.
LENI ROBREDO MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Joined the Public Attorney’s Office where she represents marginalized litigants in court.
- Feeding Programs to communities with high number of malnourished and stunted children
- Infrastructure project for Education, Skills Training and Provision of Scholarships
- She led the establishment of Angat Buhay Village in Marawi City, BAHAYnihan program in Bicol
- Various programs, projects in terms of COVID response (COVID care kits, SWAB cab, vaccine express, distribution of medical supplies, free shuttle service,Bayanihan E-consulta and etc.)
SOME OF THE BILLS ENACTED INTO LAW (AUTHORED, CO-AUTHORED AND SPONSORED BY LENI ROBREDO)
- Sangguniang Kabataan Reform Act
- Republic Act 10708 – Tax Incentives Management and Transparency Act (TIMTA)
- Graphic Health Warning Act
- Republic Act 10646 – Charter of the Quezon City Development Authority
- Republic Act 10638 – Extending the corporate life of the Philippine National Railways for another 50 years
- Co-authored Republic Act 10661 – National Children’s Month Act (Republic Act 10661)
- Republic Act 10665 – Open High School System Act
- Republic Act RA10707– amending the “Probation Law of 1976
- Full Disclosure Bill (House Bill 19)
- Authored People Empowerment Bill (House Bill 4911)
- Participatory Budget Process Bill (House Bill 3905)
- Key supporter of House Bill 4911: People Empowerment Bill
As Vice President Leni Robredo campaigns for the Presidential seat, she vows for a transparent and participatory governance, thus the slogan“ Gobyernong Tapat, Angat Buhay Lahat”.