The future of a country depends on the kind and type of leader people elects. Hence, we frequently hear the words “vote wisely”. Therefore, in choosing for the country’s next leaders, it is our responsibility to know them well, their values, platforms and achievements. In that way, we will be guided on who should we elect to lead our country.
Now that the May 2022 election is nearing, let us get to know more some of the Philippine Presidential Candidates and their accomplishments. To begin with is the Presidential Aspirant Bongbong Marcos accomplishments.
FERDINAND “BONGBONG “MARCOS JR. ALSO REFERRED TO BY INITIALS “BBM”
- Diploma in Political Science in Oxford University in 1978.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration in Wharton School of Business (Unfinished)
POLITICAL TRACK RECORD:
- 6 years as Senator (2010-2016)
- 6 years as Congressman (1992-1995 and 2007-2010)
- 3 years as Vice Governor (1980-1983)
- 12 years as Governor (1983-1986, 1998-2007)
Bongbong Marcos authored and Co-Authored 426 bills and laws.
BONGBONG MARCOS MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- While Bongbong Marcos serve as a Governor of Ilocos Norte, he made Ilocos Norte a recognized International First-Class Province.
- Likewise, Bongbong Marcos paved the way for the windmill project to come into fruition. By allowing companies to invest in Ilocos and build the windmill project, Ilocos Norte turned into an energy-sufficient province and pioneered in the wind power technology. This serves as an alternative source of energy not only in Ilocos but to some parts of Northern Luzon also.
- Chaired Senate Committee on Local Government and Public Works.
- He also led the Oversight Committee in Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, ARMM Organic Act.
- Pioneered the creation of Philippine Youth Commission.
- As to infrastructure projects, built the 22.5 Billion peso 150 Megawatts Burgos Wind Farm Project and 81 Megawatts Pagudpod Windmills. He is also responsible in the construction of Bangui and Burgos windmills.
- Construction and rehabilitation of bridges, schools, hospitals & roads during his term as the Governor of Ilocos Norte.
- Construction of Farm to market roads in various places in the Philippines.
- Oversight Committee for Barangay Affairs.
- Construction of Multi-purpose buildings in various places.
SOME OF THE BILLS ENACTED INTO LAW (AUTHORED, CO-AUTHORED AND SPONSORED BY BONGBONG MARCOS)
- Republic Act 10632– An Act to Postpone the Sangguniang Kabataan Elections on October 28, 2013.
- RA 10645 (Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010)- One of the stipulations of this law is the mandatory PhilHealth coverage of all senior citizens
- RA 10634 (Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Person Act 2010)
- Senate Bill No. 3365: ANTI-DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING ACT OF 2012RA 10175– An act penalizing persons driving under the influence of alcohol, dangerous drugs, and similars substances.
- (Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012 National Health Insurance Act)– “Providing That All Citizens Of The Philippines Shall Automatically Be Enrolled In The National Health Insurance Program Amending For The Purpose The National Health Insurance Act Of 1995” (Introduced by Senators Antonio “Sonny” F. Trillanes N, Ferdinand “Bon Marcos, Jr., and Pia S. Cayetano)-
- RA 10742 (Right of Way Act)
- PAGASA Modernization Act (RA 10692 )
- RA 10822 (Children’s Emergency Relief and Protection Act)
- RA 10670 (Gov. Benjamin ‘Kokoy’ T. Romualdez Diversion Road
- RA 10153 (ARMM Elections)
- Student- Athletes Protection Act ( RA 10676)
- RA 10662 ( Senator Benigno S. Aquino Jr. Avenue)
- RA 106223 (President Corazon C. Aquino Avenue)
SOME OF THE BILLS HE FILED:
- Senate Bill No. 1866 otherwise known as the Act Establishing the Inter-Agency Council for the Creation of Jobs.
- Senate Bill 422 or the Special Protection of Children in Armed Conflict Situations Act
- Public School Teachers’ Salary Upgrading ( Senate Bill No. 109)
- Senate Bill No. 14: National Irrigation Program of 2013
- Senate Bill No. 3107 or An Act Proposing to Add Three Regional Trial Courts in Mandaue City.
- An Act Increasing Pensions Under the SSS or Senate Bill 2964
- Senate Bill No. 18 or The National Health Insurance Act
- Senate Bill No. 116 otherwise known as The National Mariculture Program
- Hydrogen Research, Promotion, and Developmental Act (Senate Bill No. 408)
Bongbong Marcos in his pursuit to the Presidential seat calls out for a UNIFYING LEADERSHIP. When ask about his ultimate vision for the country: Bongbong Marcos said UNITY.